From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:06:09
1 On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:42 pm, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Travis Tilley wrote: [Tue Sep 28 2004, 04:55:46PM EDT]
3 >
4 > > would you be averse to adding a virtual/dhcp-client that defaults to
5 > > something reasonable and then making this version of baselayout pdep
6 > > on it if dhcp or some other flag is in USE? i'm a more than willing
7 > > guinea pig. :)
8 >
9 > I'm not personally averse to this, but I would question pdep. Isn't
10 > rdep the right one in this case?
11
12 isnt this a moot point anyways ?
13 putting '-dhcp-client' into USE in make.conf is just about as 'hard' as
14 putting '-dhcpcd' in the /etc/portage/profile/ tree
15 plus it's just one more bit of junk in our USE space
16 -mike
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list