From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman, Manifest and FEATURES="strict"
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:00:32
1 On Saturday 30 October 2004 08:52 pm, Sven Wegener wrote:
2 > This is a short reminder to urge you to use repoman to commit *all*
3 > changes you make to packages in our tree. With FEATURES="strict" portage
4 > will check the contents of Manifest against the files in the tree and will
5 > stop when a file listed in Manifest doesn't exist or has the wrong
6 > size/digest. This will make the package un-emergeable for our users if
7 > they have strict in FEATURES.
8
9 and, so you know, if developers dont use repoman, they are subject to the
10 penalty of death
11
12 > I'm scanning the tree several times per day for broken Manifests and will
13 > try to notice every developer when he commits a broken Manifest.
14
15 awesome :)
16
17 be advised that *sometimes* it isnt the developers fault ... ive seen times
18 where cvs reported no updates available when in reality, the local files
19 differed from the remote files
20 -mike
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list