From: "Max Zettlmeißl" <max@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common Lisp project is empty
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 15:25:47
1 On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 14:15, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 > If no one intends to join, we should drop the following to maintainer-
3 > needed:
4
5 I use some of those packets daily. Is there a way to join the Common
6 Lisp project without currently having maintainer status or is that not
7 intended?
8
9 Especially dev-lisp/sbcl is important to me. I use the majority of the
10 mentioned software, but the distribution of the libraries usually
11 happens through different channels, so I did not install those via
12 portage. When taking those over I'd have to look into how they are
13 packaged. Maintaining the Common Lisp implementations on the other
14 hand should not be a major problem. I regularly build SBCL and CLISP
15 from source on systems which don't provide it in another way or don't
16 support current system calls which the binary version expects. I also
17 have experience writing ebuilds.