From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common Lisp project is empty
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 21:50:42
1 On Wed, 2021-11-03 at 16:25 +0100, Max Zettlmeißl wrote:
2 > On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 14:15, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3 > > If no one intends to join, we should drop the following to maintainer-
4 > > needed:
5 >
6 > I use some of those packets daily. Is there a way to join the Common
7 > Lisp project without currently having maintainer status or is that not
8 > intended?
9
10 I don't think you can join the project, but you could still be added as
11 an additional proxy maintainer for those packages you care about. That
12 would let you take care of them using pull requests once everyone is
13 made aware that common-lisp@ isn't going to respond to RFCs.
14
15 Then if the common lisp project is ever disbanded, you would remain as
16 the sole maintainer of those packages rather than having them go to
17 maintainer-needed.