From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common Lisp project is empty
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2021 13:52:10
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 2021-11-03 at 16:25 +0100, Max Zettlmeißl wrote:
4 >> On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 14:15, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
5 >> wrote:
6 >> > If no one intends to join, we should drop the following to
7 >> > maintainer-
8 >> > needed:
9 >>
10 >> I use some of those packets daily. Is there a way to join the
11 >> Common
12 >> Lisp project without currently having maintainer status or is
13 >> that not
14 >> intended?
15 >
16 > I don't think you can join the project, but you could still be
17 > added as
18 > an additional proxy maintainer for those packages you care
19 > about. That
20 > would let you take care of them using pull requests once
21 > everyone is
22 > made aware that common-lisp@ isn't going to respond to RFCs.
23
24 At the risk of over-committing myself (I'm stretched a bit thin
25 myself),
26 I'm willing to be in the Common Lisp project as long as Max does
27 the
28 heavy lifting.
29
30 I've recently taken interest in getting Nyxt in tree and it
31 depends on SBCL and a few other in-tree Lisp packages. However,
32 I'm not strong on Lisp environment, and will gladly yield to
33 anyone better suited.
34
35 WKR,
36 Aaron