From: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New email list and alias for the musl project --- a note for bug wranglers
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:30:41
1 On 03/07/15 08:20 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > This one is mostly for the bug wranglers. There is a new email list and
5 > alias for the musl (sub?)project [1].
6 >
7 > List: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
8 > alias: musl@g.o
9 >
10 > musl is a new C standard lib [2]. It adheres scrictly to POSIX, XOPEN,
11 > SUSv3 standards. As a result, a number of packages break with musl.
12 > Usually these are small bugs, like missing headers mandated by POSIX,
13 > but still even a small error breaks a package.
14 >
15 > I don't want to burdon the maintainers with these bugs, so I'd like to
16 > ask bug wranglers that if they see a bug due to musl, to please assign
17 > it to me and cc the maintainer. I'll fix the bugs on the musl overlay
18 > [3] and upstream the patches, while keeping the maintainers informed
19 > about what's going on. Don't worry, I won't touch any packages.
20 >
21 > Bug wrangling usually proceeds via the metadata.xml, but there really is
22 > no structure there for communicating the above situation.
25 > Refs.
26 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl
27 > [2] http://www.musl-libc.org/
28 > [3] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/musl.git
32 why not make a "musl" component in bugzilla?