From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New email list and alias for the musl project --- a note for bug wranglers
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:21:00
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 This one is mostly for the bug wranglers. There is a new email list and
4 alias for the musl (sub?)project [1].
5
6 List: gentoo-musl@l.g.o
7 alias: musl@g.o
8
9 musl is a new C standard lib [2]. It adheres scrictly to POSIX, XOPEN,
10 SUSv3 standards. As a result, a number of packages break with musl.
11 Usually these are small bugs, like missing headers mandated by POSIX,
12 but still even a small error breaks a package.
13
14 I don't want to burdon the maintainers with these bugs, so I'd like to
15 ask bug wranglers that if they see a bug due to musl, to please assign
16 it to me and cc the maintainer. I'll fix the bugs on the musl overlay
17 [3] and upstream the patches, while keeping the maintainers informed
18 about what's going on. Don't worry, I won't touch any packages.
19
20 Bug wrangling usually proceeds via the metadata.xml, but there really is
21 no structure there for communicating the above situation.
24 Refs.
25 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl
26 [2] http://www.musl-libc.org/
27 [3] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/musl.git
31 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
32 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
33 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
35 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA