From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About current ppc/ppc64 status
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:23:28
1 On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I guess we will need to wait for the next Council to officially decide
4 > to do this as it will be a big change for ppc* users :/ (I remember
5 > their action was needed for the move to testing of some arches and the
6 > "package-by-package" proposal for others)
9 Honestly, it is best if the arch teams take the initiative on these
10 sorts of things. They're in the best place to figure out what their
11 users' needs are.
12
13 The Council tends to get involved when the issue escalates to the
14 point where it becomes a burden on maintainers. It is always better
15 for the arch teams to manage their own problems.
16
17 So, by all means put it on the Council agenda, but I'd strongly
18 encourage the ppc arch team to weigh in with their opinion - if we can
19 form a consensus on the list you don't even need the Council to vote.
20 Not that we mind - it is just better to solve things collaboratively.
21
22 Rich