From: Scott Lampert <scott@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Hannes Mehnert <hannes@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] splitted ebuilds for vim and gvim
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:41:46
1 On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:19:17AM +0200, Hannes Mehnert wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I just commited seperate ebuilds for gvim and vim.
5 >
6 > emerge vim
7 > will only install vim
8 >
9 > emerge gvim
10 > will only install gvim
11 >
12 > gvim and vim depend on the new vim-core ebuild.
13 > kvim is also available (emerge kvim), currently masked.
14 >
15 > So, gvim users will now have to emerge gvim, not vim.
16 >
17 > Hannes Mehnert
20 emerge gvim now seems to require gnome-libs despite any USE settings to
21 the contrary. Why exactly does gvim require gnome libs? It should only
22 require gtk. In any event it compiles and runs fine if I take gnome out
23 of the dependencies. It would be nice to be able to avoid the bloat of
24 these desktop environments, especially when they're completely
25 unnecessary for a package. I seem to run into this issue more and more
26 lately.
27 -Scott
30 Scott Lampert
31 <scott@×××××××.org>
32 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
33 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
34 -Benjamin Franklin, 1759
35
36 Public Key: http://www.lampert.org/public_key.asc