From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 2006.1
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:17:41
1 On 9/2/06, Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 9/2/06, Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On 9/2/06, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > Give us about 3000 more developers, and sure* ;)
5 > >
6 > > I don't think that that's good thing to be saying to our users.
7 >
8 > Is it a bad thing to be saying to your developers?
9
10 It wasn't said to developers, it was said to a user.
11
12 > The gcc-4.1 stabilization bug has been open for a month and a half.
13
14 That's great, but that's not an announcement. Folks aren't going to
15 go digging through bugs to find stuff like this.
16
17 > Thats fairly good notice...
18
19 Only to the folks who knew about that bug. For the wider community
20 ... it's not notice.
21
22 > Warnings have also appeared on
23 > planet.gentoo.org, and in the GWN.
24
25 Tsunam posted that there was a push on to get gcc-4.1 stable, but
26 there was no target date, and no firm statement that said it would
27 definitely be happening. He posted this on July 19th. Was there
28 another warning, with dates and stuff?
29
30 The GWN warning was last week. My apologies if there was an earlier
31 one that I missed.
32
33 My apologies, but I've been unable to find an announcement on -dev.
34
35 Best regards,
36 Stu
37 --