From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:23:40
1 On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 14 August 2013 16:43, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
3 >> Re , William Hubbs said:
4 >>> All,
5 >>>
6 >>> This message is an announcement and a reminder.
7 >>>
8 >>> OpenRc-0.12 will be introduced to the portage tree in the next few
9 >>> days.
10 >>>
11 >>> If you are using ~arch OpenRc, the standard disclaimer applies:
12 >>> remember that you might be subject to breakage.
13 >>
14 >> I just got around to upgrading to it. When I did my /etc/conf.d/net
15 >> file disappeared, and my network interface would not come up. There is
16 >> not even a sample net file any more. I had to manually add it back,
17 >> using a syntax I found on the wiki site.
21 > The package is now masked (openrc-0.12) because quite a few people
22 > lost their net configs
23
24 I wonder if this has to do with bug #462674 which was about to
25 generate a disaster on one of my old servers as well. Thankfully, the
26 net config was stored in a local git repo and I just had to reset the
27 its state to HEAD.
28
29 Now I need to go sacrifice a cow to Linus to demonstrate my gratitude.
32 > So yep, ~arch being *this* broken is not so nice
33 >
34 > --
35 > Regards,
36 > Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
37 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang
43 Fabio Erculiani