From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: Dead Qt4-based games-*/
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 22:05:08
1 W dniu nie, 03.12.2017 o godzinie 20∶54 +0000, użytkownik James Le
2 Cuirot napisał:
3 > On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 20:41:56 +0100
4 > Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > # Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@g.o> (03 Dec 2017)
7 > > # Dead upstreams, depending on dead qt3support/qt4.
8 > > # Masked for removal in 30 days. Bug #631788
9 > > ...
10 > > games-kids/crayon-physics
11 >
12 > This is a commercial game that I have played in the past and still have
13 > installed. I think you have to take special consideration over packages
14 > for things that people have paid money for. You can't so easily say
15 > "Oh just play another game then." You also can't expect "upstream" to
16 > address the issue. We have sometimes left vulnerable commercial games
17 > masked in the tree but in this case, the offender is the Qt4
18 > dependency. I'm guessing that we won't be leaving Qt4 masked in the
19 > tree so I'm not sure what to suggest. The game does bundle some
20 > libraries but Qt4 isn't one of them, not that that would be a great
21 > idea anyway.
22 >
23 > I wondered if this would also affect Steam but Qt isn't in the
24 > Ubuntu-based runtime so any game using it would need to bundle it with
25 > the game itself. I haven't come across any other commercial games using
26 > Qt but this proves that there is at least one.
29 Short answer: overlay.
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny