From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Uncoordinated changes
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 03:56:09
1 Speaking of which is there a bug filed for that?
2
3 On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
6 > wrote:
7 > > So what do you guys think of leaving behind empty stubs for compatibility
8 > > and then simply filing a tracking bug blocked by any packages that
9 > removing
10 > > herds broke?
11 >
12 > It isn't entirely clear that anything is actually broken at the
13 > moment, but if distributing an empty herds.xml file makes somebody's
14 > life easier I have no objections. I don't think it would have
15 > alleviated Patrick's original concerns in this case.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Rich