From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installing COPYING or LICENSE files
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:52:26
1 On Monday 26 December 2005 08:24, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > > R Hill wrote:
4 > >>Daniel Ahlberg wrote:
5 > >>>* if ebuild installs COPYING and/or INSTALL into doc.
6 > >>
7 > >>Is this actually important? There are a hell of a lot of ebuilds that
8 > >> fail under this rule. I'd like to start filing patches for some of the
9 > >> packages in this list so I'm interested in knowing what's worth fixing
10 > >> and what's being pedantic.
11 > >
12 > > Not a blocker but just useless. Filing patches for ebuilds doing this is
13 > > greatly appreciated by at least me.
14 >
15 > So is there a policy about [not] installing the COPYING or LICENSE files
16 > already? If there isn't one, I propose we make a decision about this to
17 > have uniform behaviour across the tree.
18
19 there isnt one but i'm all for not installing COPYING/LICENSE/ABOUT-NLS files
20
21 i dont mind the INSTALL/etc... files because often they contain information
22 that is useful for things other than just configure/make
23 -mike
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list