From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage prize winners
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:43:02
1 On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 10:28, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote: [Wed Jun 02 2004, 11:53:04PM EDT]
3 > > if use !X
4 >
5 > Please avoid this lame syntax. It's supported in ebuild.sh, but is
6 > truly unnecessary. if ! use X is bash; if use !X is not bash and only
7 > introduces confusion.
8
9 I'll admit confusion may be possible over two ways to do essentially the
10 same thing.
11
12 That argument about bash doesn't make a lot of sense to me though.
13 They're both bash, one just uses an extension of useq(). I have no idea
14 whether there's more than a negligible difference in speed compared to
15 the ! test (perhaps evident on large numbers of tests?), and I don't
16 really care enough to try.
19 Donnie Berkholz
20 Gentoo Linux