From: "Thomas M. Beaudry" <k8la@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mailx
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:01:10
1 You might wish to check out nailx. It's 100% compatible with mailx and
2 adds MIME support. Also, it's actively supported by the developer,
3 unlike mailx...
4
5 > If anybody needs yet another project to work on, it might be
6 > nice if Gentoo supported the traditional /usr/bin/mail command.
7 >
8 > >From what I can tell the standard version of mail is called "mailx",
9 > and it can be found from the Debian site. I don't know enough to
10 > get this program working. The debian patch is nearly 60KB (uncompressed).
11 > I think it's just a matter of telling the patch where some executables are
12 > (and hopefully doing something to makesure that it can deal w/ .maildir),
13 > but it's a bit beyond me at the moment.