From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new ebuild commit/update process with (un)stable?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:51:51
1 unstable != broken
2 as for going from unstable to stable, the developers test it,
3 we gather input from end users, etc...
4 -mike
5
6 On Tuesday 22 October 2002 05:06 pm, Dave Nellans wrote:
7 > i understand how the process is actually implement, my question was more
8 > towards the process... do we have any formal/informal guidelines about
9 > when a package is ready to be moved from package.mask to unstable to
10 > stable? based on labeling a subset of the tree as "unstable" it seems
11 > redundant to have package.mask as well.