From: Sebastian Kratzert <skratzert@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kportagemaster
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 06:04:20
1 Am Sonntag, 16. Juni 2002 03:10 schrieb Terje Kvernes:
2 >
3 > 1) some way of parsing the output from emerge so we get some sort
4 > of readable output. \r-usage doesn't go well with the current
5 > version.
6
7 What sort of parsing do you mean?
10 > 2) after I've done an action I'd like to be at the same spot in the
11 > tree, with the same view that I had earlier. now the tree
12 > collapses and resets itself after doing it's thing. this is
13 > rather annoying. the most correct behavior is probably to let
14 > jobs just run, and not interfere with the GUI at all. this
15 > does, however, pose some other troubles, like transparently
16 > updating the tree(s). but it would be neat. expanded to
17 > allowing several tasks at the same time sometime into the
18 > future. ;-)
19
20 This feature we discussed several times, but it's hard to update the tree
21 transparently. So we pushed this task back in TODO. ;)
22
23 > 3) we have "all", and "merged" panes. I can live without the
24 > "non-merged" one, but can I get '*' instead of a '+' for
25 > categories including packages that have duplicates installed?
26 > that would make kportagemaster a nice graphical alternative to
27 > pkg-clean.
28
29 I don't see any possibility to change the [+], butwill try to do something
30 similar.
33 > anyhow, in case you're in doubt it's all very nice work!
34
35 thanks.
38 Greets,
39