From: Max Kalika <max@g.o>
To: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Postfix config-what happened?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:50:43
1 Quoting "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>:
2
3 > I realize it doesn't affect the way it operates, but it does throw off a
4 > merging of the config file, when you expect to see what you have versus
5 > what etc-update wants to do, and it disappears till the end. I know it's
6 > trivial, but you have to sit back and wonder wtf just happened.....
7
8 >From the ChangeLog:
9 ... use newly installed postconf to set defaults instead of custom
10 patch/sed calls -- makes it much more resilient to upstream changes ...
11
12 Just zap the new one if you're happy with the way yours works.
13
14 --mk
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list