From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: bircoph@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please subscribe to travis-ci mail alias to get notifications on depgraph breakages
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:49:41
1 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > It may take some work, but I do not think we could reach a point
3 > where nothing could be changed.
4 >
5 > Remember that, unlike cvs, every git clone, by default, has all of the
6 > history of the repository, so all we would have to do is find another
7 > place to host the repository and push it there.
8
9 I think that's too simplistic. Proprietary systems are a slippery
10 slope. And the problem with GitHub Inc. in particular isn't their
11 technology at all, but their processes and the mindset they promote,
12 because the processes and mindset are locked to their platform.
13
14 It sounds silly but it *is* a problem.
17 //Peter