From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:06:38
1 Peter Faraday Weller wrote:
2 > Hi....
3 >
4 > Thanks,
5 > welp
6
7 Sad to hear it mate.
8
9 As the person who did your first install for you (i think) I think you
10 will be missed.
11
12 I am quite surprised about what you said about the state of things
13 because i've got the distinct impression from others that Gentoo has
14 been improving in the past 12 months.
15
16 About the lack of the developers, something I proposed about 3 years ago
17 might be applicable: has Gentoo ever thought about doing a "Dev Day" in
18 much the same way as the "Bug Days"? Advertise a day where people can
19 come and have a chat with developers and get coached because there is a
20 vast amount of people and knowledge out there and I never see anything
21 about Gentoo wanting people.
22
23 If you book them, they will come.
24