From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "maintainer needed" for app-emul/playonlinux
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 17:03:23
1 On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM, David Abbott <dabbott@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I filed bug 425330. Nothing special, I'm just a heavy user and
4 >> advocate of IPv6, and I figured I ought to file the bug locally so
5 >> that the Gentoo dev associated with it can run it up the flagpole to
6 >> upstream.
7 >>
8 >> I just saw that it's now CC'd to "maintainer-needed". I don't like it
9 >> when packages I use lack at least an interested liason between Gentoo
10 >> and the package's upstream.
11 >>
12 >> I'm not a Gentoo dev in any official sense. I've never been a package
13 >> maintainer for any distro. I've just been a Gentoo user for 2-3 years,
14 >> a Linux user for ten years, and a C++-on-Windows dev for the past five
15 >> years. But I'd be interested in giving it a shot.
16 >>
17 >> What's the next step?
20 > Hi Michael,
21 > You could contact the "Gentoo Proxy Maintaining Team"
22 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/index.xml
23 >
24 > HTH,
25
26 That's what I needed to know, so yes. Contacted, thanks. :)
29 :wq