From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: supervise-daemon -- a lightweight openrc daemon supervisor
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 03:50:21
1 James Le Cuirot posted on Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:19:44 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Oh, that's cool! Now I come to think of it, I believe it was this effort
4 > that made me aware of s6 in the first place but I'd forgotten about it
5 > since. Now I feel dumb.
6
7 Umm... I think there was supposed to be a break, here...
8
9 > As you were then. You're doing great work and
10 > we're clearly spoilt for choice. :)
11
12 ... because as it was written, it appeared to be...
13
14 "Now I feel dumb. As you were [dumb] then."
15
16 Which is how I originally read it, but it'd didn't seem to make any sense
17 at all given the context, so I had to go back and figure out where my
18 parsing went wrong, and decided it was a missing break.
19
20 Just in case anyone else reads that wrong, as I did initially.
21 Unfortunately, I write things that end up reading totally not the way I
22 intended too, from time to time. I /hate/ it when that happens! =:^(
23
24 ... Unless of course a sneaky insult was actually intended! ;^)
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman