From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: supervise-daemon -- a lightweight openrc daemon supervisor
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:20:15
1 On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:04:42 -0600
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > I wonder if it might even make more sense to reuse one of these
5 > > instead of reinventing the wheel. They are both extremely
6 > > lightweight. If you feel you can do better though then go for it!
7 >
8 > We have s6 support in OpenRC, and I am looking at integrating runit
9 > support as well.
10 >
11 > For s6 info, see the s6-guide.md file located in
12 > /usr/share/doc/openrc-*.
13
14 Oh, that's cool! Now I come to think of it, I believe it was this
15 effort that made me aware of s6 in the first place but I'd forgotten
16 about it since. Now I feel dumb. As you were then. You're doing
17 great work and we're clearly spoilt for choice. :)
20 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
21 Gentoo Linux Developer