From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: how to contribute to use/slot deps: was Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 05:30:33
1 On Sunday 25 December 2005 02:33, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:56:37 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | It's really pretty simple- get off your butt and chip in if you want
6 > | it, else you're on _our_ timeline (eg, we implement it when we deem
7 > | it sane/ready to go).
8 >
9 > Is Portage development done to support the needs of those of us who
10 > provide the tree, or is the tree expected to be restricted to whatever
11 > Portage developers feel like implementing?
12
13 Neither. At least for myself, portage development is done to prioritized
14 according to what I see as the needs of users. Needs of "those of us who
15 provide the tree" are prioritized by how much benefit will be translated
16 to end users combined with how much work will be required.
19 Jason Stubbs
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list