From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE 3.4 visibility support disabled
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:05:40
1 On Thursday 26 May 2005 00:37, Duncan wrote:
2 > Marcus D. Hanwell posted <200505251748.27667.cryos@g.o>, excerpted
3 >
4 > below, on Wed, 25 May 2005 17:48:20 +0100:
5 > > I have just committed a fix to kde.eclass and kde-meta.eclass that
6 > > disables visibility support in KDE 3.4 (thanks to FlameEyes for the
7 > > patches). This was a new feature in KDE 3.4 which has caused at least one
8 > > obvious bug, and possibly others that are less obvious[1].
9 >
10 > [note the cross-posting]
11 >
12 > That isn't going to kill it for gcc-4.0.1-snapshots, right, only gcc-3.4?
13 > I'll be rather unhappy if the speed increases I've been attributing to
14 > that visibility support under gcc4, disappear! =8^(
15 >
16 It seems that this has already been answered, but the KDE bug contains some
17 more of the detail. It looks like KDE 3.5/4 is the target for getting proper
18 visibility support. We haven't taken this decision lightly, and I believe it
19 is the best option we have for a stable desktop.
20
21 KDE/QT 4 should have much improved visibility support, and I will be testing
22 them once it is workable and I have a little spare time
23 --
24 Gentoo Linux Developer
25 Scientific Applications | AMD64 | KDE | net-proxy