From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PHP 5 unstable ?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:07:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 01:59 -0700, D. Wokan wrote:
4 > Well then as one of hopefully lots of people, let me chime in with a
5 > "PHP5 is working for me as well." How is it developers determine if
6 > something's stable? A lack of bug reports from those of us who added
7 > entries in our /etc/portage/ files? Where do we report a lack of bugs
8 > to get these things pushed into the mainstream on Gentoo?
9
10 According to bugzilla, there are lots of open bugs (132 to be exact)
11 containing the word 'php' in the summary. From a quick glimpse many of
12 them seem related to php-5.
13
14 It's Gentoo policy not to mark a package ARCH unless it has been in
15 portage for 30 days with no open bug reports (not counting enhancement
16 requests).
17
18 If you want to help you can start by going through those bug reports,
19 coming up with solutions and patches.
20
21 Sincerely,
22 Brix
23 --