From: "D. Wokan" <wokan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PHP 5 unstable ?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:54:24
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 >On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:34:36 +0200 Francesco Riosa
4 ><francesco@×××××××××.it> wrote:
5 >| > Quite a lot has changed between PHP 4.3.x and 5.0.x. Apparently,
6 >| > things like classes are totally different. The classes in PHP 5
7 >| > more closely resemble Java than the ones in PHP 4.
8 >|
9 >| huh ? Horde for example works well with php5, and it's megs of object
10 >| code.
11 >|
12 >| there are problem with apache 2 and the usage of threads. Using it
13 >| with prefork apache MPM gived me NO problem (at least in the last 18
14 >| month).
15 >
16 >"Works for me" is also not always an indication of whether something is
17 >stable. "Works for lots of people" is better, but best is "doesn't not
18 >work for anyone".
22 Well then as one of hopefully lots of people, let me chime in with a
23 "PHP5 is working for me as well." How is it developers determine if
24 something's stable? A lack of bug reports from those of us who added
25 entries in our /etc/portage/ files? Where do we report a lack of bugs
26 to get these things pushed into the mainstream on Gentoo?
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list