From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PHP 5 unstable ?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:45:31
1 On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:34:36 +0200 Francesco Riosa
2 <francesco@×××××××××.it> wrote:
3 | > Quite a lot has changed between PHP 4.3.x and 5.0.x. Apparently,
4 | > things like classes are totally different. The classes in PHP 5
5 | > more closely resemble Java than the ones in PHP 4.
6 |
7 | huh ? Horde for example works well with php5, and it's megs of object
8 | code.
9 |
10 | there are problem with apache 2 and the usage of threads. Using it
11 | with prefork apache MPM gived me NO problem (at least in the last 18
12 | month).
13
14 "Works for me" is also not always an indication of whether something is
15 stable. "Works for lots of people" is better, but best is "doesn't not
16 work for anyone".
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm