From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing to see if services have crashed on hardened
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:46:09
On 21-03-2008 12:07:24 +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 10:37:11 Fabian Groffen wrote: > > Assuming you would use libkvm, on Darwin this means as unprivileged user > > (not using suid) you can't see any processes at all. > > That's different from FreeBSD and NetBSD then.
Indeed. And I just found out that Leopard (10.5) dropped the entire kvm which wasn't working to funky anyway. I just made some implementation of walking through all running processes for portage-utils' `qlop -c` using sysctl calls -- the way to do it on Darwin, and that works even as normal unprivileged user, so I guess we can just use that.