From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 42 (Critical news reporting) updates
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:34:11
1 Point of Clarity,
2
3 > and the ``mysql-5`` database format changes.
4
5 These changes actually occured in mysql 4.1, not mysql-5
8 On 12/10/05, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
9 > Main changes since the previous edition:
10 >
11 > * File format tweaks.
12 >
13 > * Changes to the way relevance headers work to make it easy to do
14 > things like "show this to gcc-3.3 users on x86 or sparc".
15 >
16 > * News items are no longer copied. This makes it considerably easier to
17 > install news items -- there's no longer a need to do clever directory
18 > syncing tricks.
19 >
20 > For those of you who can't read RST, an updated version will appear on
21 > the website sometime in the not too distant future. For those of you
22 > who can, see the attached.
23 >
24 > For the sake of keeping this vaguely sane, replies that meet any of the
25 > following criteria will be ignored:
26 >
27 > * Top or HTML posting
28 >
29 > * Lack of coherent English sentences, complete with proper punctuation
30 > and capitalisation.
31 >
32 > * The sender's first name ends in 'an', and they are not me.
33 >
34 > * Questions about why the GLEP doesn't address hypothetical vapourware
35 > concepts.
36 >
37 > * Questions about why the GLEP doesn't provide a way to tell users that
38 > there's a pissup at Reuben's house next Tuesday.
39 >
40 > * Questions about why the GLEP doesn't require "integration with other
41 > systems", rather than leaving it merely as something that should be
42 > easily doable.
43 >
44 > * Anything involving XML.
45 >
46 > --
47 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
48 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
49 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
55 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list