From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 16:37:15
1 On 2013.08.03 16:28, William Hubbs wrote:
2 [snip]
5 > Ok all, I would like to appologise for the harsh wording.
6 >
7 > Markos, to answer your question, there are folks on the team, and at
8 > least one user, using OpenRc from git without issues, so as far as I
9 > know there shouldn't be any breakage.
10 >
11 > I guess I was a little more harsh than I should have been, because I
12 > know there are users out here who want ~arch to be rock solid, and I
13 > have caught flack before from some of that crowd.
14 >
15 > William
20 ~arch is not rock solid and isn't supposed to be. I do like Williams
21 approach to posting a warning about the upcoming change so I cam manage
22 it for myself, if I'm feeling nervous.
23
24 Any notification of key packages changing like this is appreciated.
27 Regards,
28
29 Roy Bamford
30 (Neddyseagoon) a member of