From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/profile.d/
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:58:52
1 On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:34:09 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > we could care less what users do with /etc/profile.d ... the point is
5 > that *only* users should use /etc/profile.d ... we dont want random
6 > Gentoo developer Foo installing some Bar.sh into /etc/profile.d with
7 > package app-crap/FooBar
8
9 Would the following in /et/profile be a solution to this problem?
10
11 for x in $( < /etc/profile.d/.default); do
12 source "/etc/profile.d/${x}"
13 done
14
15 That way devs could install stuff there, but it would only be run if
16 users added it to the .default file.
17
18 Marius
23 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
24 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.