From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 23:43:17
1 On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 05:10:11AM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2
3 > Ok, looks like you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about beta
4 > _ebuilds_. I'm talking about beta packages (like for instance, GNOME
5 > produces lots of beta releases of GNOME2. These packages are _only_
6 > supposed for GNOME developers). From my discussion with Dan about this
7 > issue, the KDE3 betas we are discussing here are for KDE developers.
8
9 OK; if Dan is just adding KDE3 beta stuff just to have it around, it's a waste
10 of time. If he needs it around to get ready for KDE3 himself, then I see some
11 merit. I think Dan may just be getting a little overzealous and wanting to add
12 it just because it's there. I don't anticipate that KDE3 will be particularly
13 hard to build.
14
15 So, I finally agree with you :) Dan, I think it's bad policy to add KDE3 beta
16 ebuilds just for the sake of having them. I would only add them if we actually
17 have requests from KDE developers who happen to use Gentoo Linux. But I
18 imagine that any red-blooded KDE developers would be grabbing their stuff from
19 CVS anyway.
20
21 Best Regards,
24 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>