From: Pichai Asokan <pasokan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Good ebuild examples to learn from - Was Re:[gentoo-dev] ebuild question
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:11:17
1 On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 01:50:31AM -0400, Sandy McArthur wrote:
2 > Pichai Asokan wrote:
3 > >Can some of the developers take a few minutes to suggest
4 > >the ebuilds to study for 'would be contributors'?
5 >
6 > Without being specific I'd say look at ones for software you have
7 > compiled on your own from the source in the past, that way you'll be
8 > familar with what should be going on.
9 Thanks;
10 but often it was a case of
11 (un)tar
12 ./configure
13 make
14 make install
15 Well; I could have looked at what went where, but I never did :-(
16 So I am not sure how much this will help.
17 P Asokan