From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 16:27:27
1 On 07/24/2018 12:14 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't believe anybody suggested making Gentoo harder to customize.
4 > This is just about setting reasonable defaults.
5
6 For the (N+1)th time: enabling this flag by default does make Gentoo
7 harder to customize, because you can't turn it off. And so yes, everyone
8 suggesting that we enable the flag by default is suggesting that Gentoo
9 become harder to customize.
12 > You can run a server without bash, openrc, sysvinit, or glibc. Should
13 > these also be removed from the base profile?
14
15 Three of those four aren't in the base profile. Yeah, it was a good idea
16 to remove them.