From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RDEPEND=DEPEND (was: Help offered - Portage tree)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:15:54
1 On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:01:09 -0700
2 "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 > Did we ever set RDEPEND=DEPEND or vice versa automatically? Maybe it
4 > never went into EAPI=0. In either case I'm sure most maintainers
5 > would appreciate feedback in this area.
6
7 PMS is supposed to say something like "RDEPEND=DEPEND is done for
8 ebuilds iff RDEPEND is unset in the ebuild. This is done before eclass
9 values are merged in.". But I think the current master doesn't actually
10 say what the implicit RDEPEND=DEPEND is, merely that it's done before
11 eclass values...
14 Ciaran McCreesh