From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] update to the gnome2.eclass
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:25:18
1 On Sunday 15 April 2007, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Rémi Cardona wrote:
3 > > Right now, the reworked patch saves a file in
4 > > /usr/share/gnome2-eclass/${PF}.icons
5 > >
6 > > Since committing this will affect everybody including stable users, I
7 > > would like ebuild/eclass gurus to review this small patch and tell me if
8 > > there's anything wrong with it.
9 >
10 > Why is this going into /usr ? Seems like a temp file to me ... at best,
11 > /var/cache.
12
13 ebuilds shouldnt really install anything into /var/cache/ as you should be
14 able to pretty much `rm -rf /var/cache/*` and have things work
15
16 > Also, is there supposed to be some point where this file
17 > gets deleted, so every subsequent merge doesn't rerun the icon-cache
18 > thing even if it's unnecessary?
19
20 i guess that's the trick ... if the file is only used to rebuild the
21 icon-cache after merging the package to $ROOT, then i feel like the file
22 should be punted after that (and if anything, src_install would create the
23 list in $D, the pkg_preinst would prep it for use and move it from $D to $T,
24 and the pkg_postinst would utilize the list in $T) ...
25 -mike