From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:49:09
1 El vie, 21-06-2013 a las 09:36 -0500, William Hubbs escribió:
2 [...]
3 > No, he has his own versions of the systemd and sysvinit ebuilds which
4 > move some of the installation to non-standard places as part of this
5 > machinery, so it is not opt-in.
6 >
7 > Also, there was an email on this thread showing that using
8 > init=/sbin/einit works, so I'm not seeing what mgorny's objections are.
9 >
10 > William
11
12 I think mgorny was referring to a case where einit fails to work and,
13 then, kernel will fallback to using /sbin/init, that could cause
14 problems as it would always run /sbin/init from sysvinit... but maybe he
15 was referring to something else :|