From: Martin Lesser <gentoo@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/portage/package.unmask not working as expected
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:32:43
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> writes:
2 > > > db-4.1 is masked in the profiles
3 > >
4 > > No:
5 > > # grep sys-libs/db /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask
6 > > =sys-libs/db-3.3.11
7 >
8 > Not package mask, each and every profile, e.g.:
9 >
10 > /usr/portage/profiles/default-x86-1.4/packages
11
12 Ok. Thanks. But now I'm a little bit confused: Until now I thought that
13 /etc/portage/package.[un]mask had a higher priority than the files in
14 /etc/make.profile and/or /usr/portage/profiles.
15
16 As I see now this thougth was wrong. How do I deal with this issue
17 without changing files which are updated every time I emerge sync? IMO
18 it is not the right way to change files in /etc/make.profile and/or
19 /usr/portage. Should I create a local PORTDIR_OVERLAY/profiles?
20
21 TIA, Martin
24 Better-Com bietet Support für freie Software
25 http://www.bettercom.de - Tel.: +49-40-38037272
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list