From: Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: File collisions
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:07:10
1 Rob C wrote:
4 > On 19/04/07, *Christian Faulhammer* <opfer@g.o
5 > <mailto:opfer@g.o>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk
8 > <mailto:slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>>:
9 >
10 > > On the issue of QA, I think enabling FEATURES="collision-detect" by
11 > > default would do a lot more good at this stage than "test".
12 >
13 > Arch teams normally have collision-protect enabled when doing
14 > keywording/stabling....in my eyes this is sufficient.
15 >
16 > V-Li
19 > Its obviously not, Many users are reporting file-collisions on a
20 > weekly basis. So either this isn't sufficient or the arch teams are
21 > not acting as you describe.
22 >
23 > -Rob
24 >
25 Rob,
26
27 Please watch it when saying that the arch teams are not acting as
28 described. I can tell you that we catch what comes to us. We don't get
29 every single package pushed on us as some never go through stable
30 testing, and we don't have every single package installed(that's
31 unrealistic). If they do then if there is a collision a note is filed in
32 the bug and we wait for a fix, as it actually does bail you out of the
33 build. This has been the mantra of at least x86 since the creation of
34 the team.