From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problems with rc5
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:06:15
1 Hello guys,
2
3 first i must say this release is great. You have improve some parts from rc4
4 i think. The new method to extract the base-system i like. Some problems and
5 questions:
6
7 Swap activation fails at startup:
8 I don't know why, but when i use 'swapon -a' after login it works.
9
10 And what does the /dev-state. In my previous installations i have deleteted
11 all entries in /dev and use devfs. I read in the script
12 '/etc/rc.d/init.d/devfsd' that it is a bind to /dev. But what to do with
13 this. Why we need it?
14
15 I will try to script a basic-installation script next days... I anyone
16 working on this yet?
17
18 Sebastian
19 <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>