From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:40:06
1 Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2
3 > On Jan 3, 2008 11:40 AM, Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
4 >> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 10:18 +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
5 >> > While this thread remains highly entertaining, I'm sure as a past
6 >> > gentoo developer Roy remembers that we don't generally use gentoo-dev
7 >> > to bug fix poorly written makefiles, we have a bugzilla where people
8 >> > interested in fixing it can help, or perhaps upstream have a list
9 >> > where they can discuss it.
10 Perhaps you could have directed your comment to both Aron and Roy, since
11 Aron posted the bugreport and is I believe a current dev, not an ex-dev who
12 just got married etc.
15 >> You'll not hear from me again on this list.
18 > I'm sure most people here want to hear major announcements about OpenRC.
19 >
20 I rather value Roy's input on all Gentoo issues: he was one of the smartest
21 and most productive devs you ever had. After all, if other ex-devs can spam
22 the list, I don't see why Roy's quiet contribution should be snubbed.
23
24 Please follow up to project; for some reason when I set that, no-one
25 argumentative takes the hint. Instead the more mature devs basically
26 apologise on your behalf (and one troll occasionally weighs in.)
30 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list