From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:15:20
1 On Jan 3, 2008 11:40 AM, Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 10:18 +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
3 > > While this thread remains highly entertaining, I'm sure as a past
4 > > gentoo developer Roy remembers that we don't generally use gentoo-dev
5 > > to bug fix poorly written makefiles, we have a bugzilla where people
6 > > interested in fixing it can help, or perhaps upstream have a list
7 > > where they can discuss it.
8 >
9 > One of the "deals" was that whilst Gentoo would likely use OpenRC it
10 > would still do the hosting. As Gentoo would be using it, it does pertain
11 > to Gentoo development.
12 >
13 > So either I host my own bug tracker (which I'm more than happy to do
14 > btw), or Gentoo can get one hosted ASAP. Maybe a mailing list a well
15 > (again, I can host this too).
16
17 I'd go for filing bugs in bugs.gentoo.org like with any other piece of
18 software we have. If you want to host your own bug tracker for your
19 non-Gentoo users that's another story. You could also ask infra to
20 create an OpenRC mailing list if it's necessary...
23 > You'll not hear from me again on this list.
26 I'm sure most people here want to hear major announcements about OpenRC.
27
28 At the moment, I'm emailing my OpenRC issues directly to you ;-)
29
30 Best regards,
31 Santiago
34 Santiago M. Mola