From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc: pt_chown setuid going away by default
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 23:04:16
1 >>>>> "JR" == Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> writes:
2
3 JR> On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:08:10 -0400
4 JR> Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >> that you remember. i think it's more likely you copy & pasted some
7 >> line a long time ago than baselayout modified it for you.
8
9 JR> Exactly, but where did that come from?
10
11 If it didn't come from baselayout or openrc, the most likely scenario is
12 some gui crud.
13
14 I probably looked through the list of apps once I got a menu tree based
15 on .desktop files added to my wm. And with sudo(8) configured for
16 convenience, if I ran an app which edits fstab(5), it would not have
17 needed to ask for my sudo passwd to work.
18
19 And gnome seems to prefer fully to rewrite files in their own quirky
20 style. Rather than just making changes.
21
22 (Rewrites like that are why I tend to chattr+i a lot of files in /etc.)
23
24 -JimC
25 --
26 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6