From: "Bryan Ãstergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed again (was Resignation)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:14:49
1 On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:46:22AM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2006.08.03 04:27, Lance Albertson wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >
5 > >There's a good chance that a package in the regular tree will link
6 > >against a package from sunrise, the user will have no idea or forget
7 > >that they installed that app from sunrise (and the dep exists), and a
8 > >bug arises.
9 > [snip]
10 > >
11 > >Anyways, I've been trying to keep quiet on this issue and decided I
12 > >could interject here :)
13 > >
14 > >Cheers-
15 > >
16 > >--
17 > >Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
18 > >Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
19 > >
20 > >---
21 > >GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
22 > >Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
23 > >
24 > >ramereth/irc.freenode.net
27 > How can that happen ?
28 > Devs working on the regular tree should not have any third party
29 > overlays installed in the test environment so their ebuild should fail
30 > testing because it can't resolve the dependancy lurking in the overlay.
31 >
32 > What an I missing ?
33 >
34 Automatic dependencies. Eg. configure picking up fooapp being installed
35 and enabling support for it without the ebuild explicitly
36 enabling/disabling it. Of course, this would be a bug in the ebuild and
37 should be fixed.
38
39 Regards,
40 Bryan Østergaard