From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] seamonkey -> nss vs nspr
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:53:15
1 On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:04:11 +0200
2 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Anyhow, that is the whole issue with mozilla stuff in general - huge
5 > hunk of code that is not really modular, and have to be rebuild for a
6 > few to many projects. While I am all for getting the POS more modular
7 > (which we at least did for nspr and nss), you will need to get
8 > cooperation from upstream, as they used to give a rats ass about abi
9 > compatibility when I was more involved with it, and loads of time if
10 > you actually want to try and do it yourself (which is more than I have
11 > currently), plus even more courage, as currently it will need to be
12 > done for probably at least 6-12 projects (nss, nspr, suite, browser,
13 > mail, minimo, composer, calendar, xulrunner, macbrowser, standalone,
14 > maybe chat, etc).
15
16 Not to mention replacing (dev/lang/)spidermonkey (which IMHO should be
17 removed from the tree) with a current libjs... I see lots of room for
18 improvement upstream. :)
21 Kind regards,
22 JeR
23 --