From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: ?var Arnfj?r? Bjarmason <jeedo@×××××××××××××××××.net>, Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XFCE package names
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:12:30
1 On Sunday 25 January 2004 04:02, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > A normal CVS checkout of the gentoo-x86 from the tree (locally on the
3 > CVS server) takes 8 minutes. Your SVN co took 3.8 times as long as the
4 > CVS checkout so thats nearly 30 minutes to do a checkout :-(.
5
6 Both take too long to my sense. Which is basically what I experienced before.
7
8 > I am really worried about lock contention however. We already keep all
9 > of the cvs locks on a tmpfs filesystem for speed and disk fragmentation
10 > reasons.
11
12 I don't know how subversion does this, but you are right that it is possible
13 that subversion does global locking. In that case subversion is out of the
14 question.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze