From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rdalek1967@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:40:45
1 On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:40:01 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > >> I keep hoping that all the smart people involved in this will see
5 > >> the mess it is creating. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but
6 > >> I'm sharp enough to see the mess this is going to create and I'm
7 > >> just a desktop user. I feel sorry for people with more
8 > >> complicated systems or remote ones.
9 > > The mess was created by people shouting 'hey, real men use
10 > > separate /usr for no good reason! Be awesome like us'.
13 > I think it is more like people do that when they have a good reason
14 > to do so. I plan to put mine on /usr when I get the chance and know
15 > that this init crap isn't going to break my rig. It's not being
16 > "awesome" either.
17
18 Remind me of a single good reason. Last time I heard those were mostly
19 hacks and laziness.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny