From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MOSIX and kernel 2.4.6
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:00:30
1 On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:00:31AM +0200, Hendrik Visage wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 03:18:39PM -0700, jb3insf@×××××××××××××××××.org wrote:
4 > > Hello,
5 > > I today I tried to upgarde to kernel 2.4.6 from portage/sys-kernel/linux-sources. It stops immediatly saying it cannot get MOSIX-1.0.5.I am doing a fresh install with build.10_rc5.Is there a way to fix this?.
6 >
7 > Fetch MOSIX-1.0.5 yourself.
8 >
9 > But Caveat Emptor: -rc5's 2.4.6 is flaky as far as I can see.
10 > Module support is broken based on some _mmx_* calls thats somehow
11 > either not mangled, or mangled wrongly.
12
13 Another caveat emptor: right now, the MOSIX support is in development and the "mosix"
14 USE variable will cause your linux-*-2.4.6 packages to be patched incorrectly. I've
15 posted to the MOSIX list and have found a MOSIX user who may be interested in helping
16 test/improve MOSIX support in Gentoo Linux, but for now MOSIX support is still in
17 development.
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
21 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
22 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.